10 August 2010

Hamburger Hill Movie Poster

Got home this evening and felt inspired enough to start mucking around on my laptop.

30 minutes later here's the result. A re-imagining of Nam classic Hamburger Hill. And yes, that is a hamburger at the bottom representing a hill. Sometimes it's best [easy] to be simplistic when all that's on telly is Eastenders. Quite pleased with the burger style U.S flag in the top though. Another artist would probably say it represents American popular culture, deeply entrenched with a desire to conquer. But not me. It's just a flag.

Good source for most of the imagery is either Google images or Flickr (highly recommended as you can often find good high res stuff on there).

My only regret is that I couldn't include an image of Don Cheadle, but then of course war is hell.

Film poster art is a real passion of mine and I may start a little series of these. Dinium/C-Poe - if you're reading this and feel equally inspired, feel free to create and post your favourite redux.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent poster for the worst Nam film ever made!

    Sounds like a plan hoss. I've had to make a few posters for clients before, I'll post one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, maybe I won't, just realised they are wrong! Something fresh is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er...the BEST Nam film ever. Must have been a typo in your comment.

    Look forward to seeing some cool C-Poe designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I assume the melting cheese represents Cheadles career post release?

    ReplyDelete