11 August 2010

The Shining Movie Poster


Another night, another movie poster design. I'm what the French would call 'sur un pain'.

This time taking on that Kubrick classic The Shining. Wanted to steer clear of big axes (there's a small one in the title though) and tackle it very graphically, so while surfing for images remembered how iconic* and crazy looking that carpet of the Outlook Hotel was.

* Iconic enough to also appears in the hallway of Andy's house in the original Toy Story.

Anyway, a quick redraw and some carefully placed font work later and you have my before-you reversioned attempt. Reckon it would work pretty well as a screen print.

Did have a few other ideas which I may create at a later date (including a sort of tech style car ad type thing featuring the toy tricycle). For now though, this will have to do.

Time for a shot of red rum in celebration of my recent creative form I think...

3 comments:

  1. That's wicked man, very clean and clever. Instantly recognisable without a hint of Jack. Top dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool buh, it simply 'works'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one! How can I get one? Email me please at cropdustdair@yahoo.com. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete